Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 depending on experience
Ref: ALS 2020
On behalf of our client, a company committed to products and research contributing towards enhancing the lives of people and animals, we are looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance, repairing and installation of electrical/mechanical plant and equipment and will support the Team Leader.
Due to rural location, own transport is essential.
- A time served apprenticeship in a relevant discipline
- Held a similar position for at least three years
- Significant working understanding of all Mechanical and Electrical services including; Steam, HWS related plant equipment, HVAC and refrigeration
- Health and Safety awareness and able to demonstrate compliance
- Working knowledge of Building Management systems – preferably Trend
- Required to be a member of the out of hours call-out team
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, repair and replace controls equipment to building management systems, commission as necessary
- Follow a Planned Preventative Maintenance regime for Electrical/Mechanical equipment, fire alarms, boiler plant, electrical distribution, lighting, BMS controls, AHU’s, pumps, standby generators etc.
- Provide technical assistance to the Team Leader for Electrical/Mechanical problems encountered on site.
- Calibration and commissioning of equipment to SOP’s, keeping accurate records at all times
- Liaise with other departments when working on plant or equipment which may cause disruption, ensuring that department personnel are informed prior to work commencing
- Observe safety regulations when carrying out work with regards to self and others
- Manage sub-contractors through disruption of services
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.