Cage Wash Technician
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000
Ref: ALS 1962
Are you looking for a rewarding career, where you can contribute to the highest standards of care for animals and help towards advances in research?
Agenda has a unique opportunity for a Cage Wash Technician to work in a new facility based at an established research park in the Manchester area. The successful candidate will be joining our facility management team in working towards new advances in research and providing essential auxiliary support.
- Animal Care Qualification and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- Previous experience of working in cage wash within an animal facility is desirable (although full training will be given)
- Awareness of safe working practices, risk assessments and adherence to COSHH and SOPs
- High communication and organisational skills
- Flexible approach to work and supporting additional hours where required
- Driving license and transport would be preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing an auxiliary technical support service to ensure that all animals are provided with the highest level of housing and welfare provision
- Cleaning and sterilisation of all cages, substrate, bedding materials, environmental enrichments, food, water sources, waste matter and consumables
- The cleaning and maintenance of all rooms and external store areas
- Ensuring used cages and water bottles are removed from the holding areas to the service area for cleaning
- To work with IVC’s, autoclaves and associated racking
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work independently under supervision
- Adherence to safe working practices, risk assessments, COSHH and SOPs
- This role involves no animal work.
Agenda only recruits people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.